The main objectives of Oromo Self Reliance Association are:
- To assist the poor and needy community so as to engage in their socio economic development; promote sense of self reliance and culture of collaborative efforts and working together
- To promote community centered integrated development programs that contribute to improve the livelihoods of the community such as provision of water, health, education and agricultural development services
- To promote sustainable use, development and management of natural resources and practices to protect environment and thereby eliminate the consequences of climate change and natural calamities
- To support relief and rehabilitation efforts so as to protect the communities from natural calamities.
- To support and promote anti harmful traditional practices that endangers the health of women and children; and assist the efforts to economic empowerment of women and children
- Promote the advancement of the language, arts, culture and heritage of Oromo
- Encourage the youth to engage in their socio economic advancement and support their effort